Bilingual Social Worker
Erie Neighborhood House, a community-building agency empowering Chicago’s low-income and immigrant families, and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society is seeking an experienced, bilingual professional to serve as a Bilingual Social Worker in the agency’s Little Village office. Proyecto Cuídate provides individual, group and family services to support, inform and educate the community on topics that strengthen the individual and family unit. The basic functions are to provide comprehensive assessments, counseling and crisis intervention for participants
- Helps maintain counseling and mental health support services for participants experiencing trauma.
- Provide assistance and support to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault as they engage with the legal services from our Department of Citizenship and Immigration.
- Conducts psycho-social assessments, crisis intervention and follow-up services
- Provides counseling services, safety planning and case management for children, adults and families as needed, primarily focusing on survivors of violence and DCFS families.
- Assists with developing, facilitating and evaluating women empowerment groups, providing guidance and support to facilitators as needed.
- Coordinates and supervises graduate level interns.
- Travels between Erie sites to provide direct services.
- Makes referrals to other supportive agencies as appropriate.
- Responsible for data collection, program evaluation and timely reporting for counseling and group services for participants of the program.
- Represents Erie Neighborhood House to the public and participates in community meetings/events.
- Attends monthly department, all staff, funder and other required meetings.
- Attends professional development applicable to field and population being served on an ongoing basis.
- Provides in-house training to staff, interns, partnering agencies when needed
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Masters in Social Work or Counseling required; at least 3 years’ experience in the social work or counseling field; LCSW or LCPC preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role and counseling
- 40-hour Domestic Violence Training Certificate
- Familiarity with domestic violence, community violence, child abuse, mental health challenges
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with fluency in both English and Spanish
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexibility and ability to work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Commitment to social justice and sensitivity to the assets and challenges of a diverse group of participants.
Erie Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accredited by NAEYC & National Afterschool Association
Recognized by the Department of Justice (DOJ)
United Way Member