Community Literacy Program Assistant (Temporary)
Erie Neighborhood House, a progressive social service agency serving the Chicago metropolitan area and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society, is seeking a temporary, full-time Community Literacy Program Assistant (40 hours/week through June 29, 2019). The basic function of the Program Assistant is to support volunteer tutors that provide one-on-one and small group tutoring to adult English language learners.
- Volunteer Coordination (responding to prospective volunteer inquiries, scheduling individual volunteer orientation appointments, coordinating training for new volunteers, responding to volunteer questions, communicating session cancellations, distributing information, etc)
- Organizing quarterly tutor round table meetings and distributing tutor survey
- Internal data entry (maintaining a spreadsheet of student contact info/preferences, tutor contact info/preferences, outcomes progress, and cumulative hours by month)
- Data entry into Sales force (entering monthly hours for students, entering new students, entering new volunteers, recording goals progress, leadership, library, dismissals)
- Maintaining student and volunteer files (proof of training, proof of testing, etc)
- Maintaining an updated schedule of tutoring
- Updating tutor resource website
- Designing flyers for events and classes
- Following up on outcomes by way of contacting tutors, teachers, and students (post-testing, goals progress, library orientation, etc.)
- Creating Volunteer training certificates.
- Participate in regular Erie Neighborhood House staff meetings, curriculum meetings, and events.
- Participate in student recognition events.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with other site programs and staff.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Currently in school obtaining Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of adult learners, collaborate with the teaching team and volunteer tutors, and perform program administrative duties.
- Commitment to social justice and sensitivity to the assets and challenges of a diverse group of adult learners.
Erie Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accredited by NAEYC & National Afterschool Association; recognized by Board of Appeals (BIA)*
United Way Member